Thu, Jul 06|
2023-2024 Nevada Code.org Professional Learning Programs
The training is FREE for all Nevada teachers thanks to the generous support of Tesla, Code.org, and RPDP. The curriculum, online student learning platform, andyear-round support are also available to you and your school at no charge.
Time & Location
Jul 06, 8:00 AM
About the Event
Applications are now open at bit.ly/nvcodeapply.
The training is FREE for all Nevada teachers thanks to the generous support of Tesla, Code.org, and RPDP. The curriculum, online student learning platform, and year-round support are also available to you and your school at no charge.
An introductory course that empowers students to engage with computer science as a medium for creativity, communication, problem solving, and fun. The curriculum can be taught as a semester or full-year course.
More than a traditional introduction to programming, this higher level course introduces students to the foundational concepts of computer science and challenges them to explore how computing and technology can impact the world.
This curriculum introduces students to software engineering and object-oriented design while learning the Java programming language. The Code.org CSA curriculum is recommended for students who have completed an introductory course, such as CS Principles or CS Discoveries.
- All programs are being held virtually. No need to travel.
- Dates, times, and other program requirements at bit.ly/nvcodeapply.
- To take part, you must commit to teaching the program during the2023-24 school year.
- Stipends of up to $900 per teacher are available. Details on how toqualify at bit.ly/nvcodestipend.
- More info on Code.org programs at bit.ly/codebrochure.
Contact Jason Lillebo at email@example.com if you have any questions.